As an Olive Tree
20 x 16 x 1.5 inches
Ink and gold leaf on cradled wooden panel
- Original, hand made artwork
- Created using pure 24 karat gold leaf and artists', lightfast acrylic ink
- On museum quality, archival, acid-free wooden panel
- Backed by 1.5 inch cradle, so can be displayed either framed or unframed
- Signed and sealed by artist
- Comes with certificate of authenticity
14 day money back guarantee
As an Olive Tree. 20"x16"x1.5"
In the Jewish culture, olive trees are highly regarded. The olive tree represents light, as its oil was used to light the menorah in the temple. Its leaf is a symbol of peace, hence its use in the Israeli emblem.
Olive trees, olives and olive oil play an important role in many other cultures as well. For example, the Mount of Olives is mentioned several times throughout the New Testament, as an area where numerous key events occured, and according to Islam, Muhammed is believed to have recommended the use of olive oil for massage "as it is a blessed tree".
The olive tree originated in the Middle East and was spread by the ancient Greeks to other areas of the Mediterranian.
The Hebrew calligraphy passage is from Psalms 52:10 (תהילים) and reads as:
ואני כזית רענן בבית אלוהים
I am as an olive tree in the house of God
As an Olive Tree was created using archival, lightfast acrylic ink, and 24 karat gold leaf, on museum quality wooden panel.